House Guest // Mimosa Lane

February 21, 2013

I've never actually met her, but I feel like it's pretty safe to say that today's House Guest, Albertina, is one of the sweetest girls you'd ever meet. And I'm not just saying that because she said the nicest things about BIA in her intro below. She also has super great taste and can decorate a guest room like a boss (yes, I'm using Kid President's lines like nobody's business). And, clearly, she knows a thing or two about color. Without further ado . . .
. . . . . . .

Morning!  I'm Albertina from Mimosa Lane.  I can't tell you how excited I am to be Tobe's House guest of the week.  I'm truly honored as I am and have been a huge fan of Because It's Awesome for quite some time.  My home is surrounded by color, from pink fuchsia curtains to purple walls.  But for color to look its best there has to be some rhyme and reason to the color combinations for them to look right and beautiful.  This is why I want to talk to you all about coming up with winning color combinations.  I'm no interior designer but do know my way around a color wheel and can tell you it is very helpful.  By using different color schemes you can come up with that perfect palette you have been dreaming of.  It just boils down to the relationships between colors.  Here we go!




These are just some color schemes.....there are quite a few more.  To some people it might seem random that a designer adds a throw of a certain color, but most of the time its all perfectly planned.  What are your favorite color combinations?  Do you have a go-to color formula?

[ 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 ]


Thanks, Albertina!

* Come back later today for the Annawithlove giveaway winner! *

27 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great - I love all of the color tones that Albertina picked, she is the sweetest. I love the pink and gold interior and loving that yellow sofa:)

xo

Sadie + Stella said...

Ok she is pretty AND smart. Love all of these color scheme examples!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Love this post. Makes me know I'm not crazy to do the yellow, pink, navy scheme I'm working on for my girls' room. :)

charmaine said...

Love this post! Great job, Albertina.

A Perfect Gray said...

amazing color combos. especially the red and pink. love how all these combos work together for a great look. enjoyed it! donna

Unknown said...

Such a great post and so much pretty colour!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Thanks for having me today Tobe!! Its an honor to be here in one of my fave blogs!! xx

Leah said...

this was super helpful! art class was too long ago for me,so I needed this great reminder!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

My go-to color schemes change on a weekly basis, but I've always been pretty loyal to my greens. Awesome post!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

LiveLaughDecorate said...

Great color schemes/tips lady. So on the money and yes, these seemingly crazy design choices/color combos we make are usually well planned! Although on occassion we simply throw caution to the wind. hehe

drew elizabeth said...

These are some great tips! Couldn't have come at a better time too :)

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Great guest post Albertina! Understand now why I love some of the color combos that I do!

Anonymous said...

Albertina is amazing! I am lucky enough to know Albertina and I can tell you she definitely is the sweetest. And so talented. This post is amazing and so helpful! The pics for the Split complementary scheme are insane!! I think that must be my favorite scheme! Way to go, Albertina!!! xoox

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

I love Albertina and her color sense! I'm glad to have hopped over to check her out on your blog!

Sarah Greenman said...

This is great! Yay Albertina!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I love Albertina and this post is fabulous! I really never think of the color wheel, but I guess I should, she used the perfect images to explain why!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful post.

www.FripperyVintage.com

Cristina [Via Blossom] said...

Albertina, I just feel like I learned a lot about color today! Thanks! Can't wait to use the color wheel when decorating!

Unknown said...

Yay! Love today's house guest...she is just the BEST and can totally decorate like a BOSS!!! Will be bookmarking these color scheme ideas, definitely some of my favorites!! XoXo

Dominique
comfycozycouture.blogspot.com

Chelsea **A Bit of Sass** said...

This is a super helpful post for interior design beginners like me. Thank you!

meghan silva said...

Awesome color combos never thought of mixing up colours like that.

xo Meg<3

Meghan Silva's Blog

Unknown said...

Great job ladies! A wonderful synopsis of color schemes! with the best examples, ever! Love you two.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Preciously Me said...

Great post Albertina!
I love colors, all the colors!!!
But maybe my fave is a beautiful magenta ...
Anyway, great picks and I really like all your examples of color scheme :)

Unknown said...

I absolutely love Albertina! This is such a fantastic post! I am such a fan of color - analogous, complementary, you name it! And she really hit this one on the head!!! The palettes & corresponding images are so perfect :) Beautifully done! XO Brynn

Unknown said...

Fantastic house guest! Love this post and how simple it puts colour combination into perspective. I appear to be a fan of the triadic colour scheme because it's all over my house - nice to see I'm not completely bizarre loving these combos :) xxx

WeHeartHome said...

Very informative! Super guest post ladies :)

Thanks!

Jessica said...

this is such a great reference. Love Albertina!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger