The House // Snippets

February 13, 2013

Sometimes it's nice to go through the old photo roll and realize that we are, in fact, making progress around here when it can feel so slow-going. Which I'm fine with since it means I'm finding unique pieces that I really love. But, damn, at some point you just want to be proud enough to show pics of your house, you know?

Just a few snippets . . .

The formal is feeling like an actual room. Those shelves were a total disaster zone until recently.
Need to figure out what to do with the other side of the room, but it's getting there.


The (adjacent) eat-in actually has art on a wall! Unheard of.
This piece is an original from Jamaica in the 1960s. The color and graphic elements sold me on it.
Once it gets warm enough, we'll paint the door to the garage (in that alcove to the left) for a pop of color.
Still debating said color. Could just go black. Who. Knows.
I'm also intent on painting the sliding glass door to the backyard black, but Eric is fighting me on it.
Guess it will be a lot of work. (Which means it will totally get done in a timely manner...)


The dining room and trim are painted out in a glorious moody blue (semi gloss Ralph Lauren Rue Royale).
Unfortunately, we still have to paint that window (*groans*) and choose some drapes.
Choosing fabric and upholstery kills me. KILLS ME. So hard to commit.
Now that ma sexy new chairs are in (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I really think we need a new table.
And obvi an amazing chandy. We've discussed this already, haven't we?

sidenote: YOU GUYS, these chairs not only look amazing (how did I score brass? I'd never even seen them with brass frames until last week!), but they are comfortable. as. hell.
I am going to loooooooove hosting peeps and sitting here for hours on end!
Bonus: the upholstery doesn't make me want to vom.
(You're seeing packing marks on the seatbacks in this pic. Those are gone now.)


To rug? No rug? I dunno.

A few of you wanted to see the bathroom after I posted shots on Vine.
This room is TOUGH to photograph, but here's a lil bit to show layout.
 All of the walls have art in gilded frames except one (I'm sort of afraid of clumsy drunk men knocking them off the wall in front of the toilet. Is that weird?)


Guess if you didn't know before this post, you know how much I love brass now. ha!

Our family room has been painted, but we have a long way to go.
We've been trying to hold out for a sectional, but thems be spensive. Not sure it's gonna happen.
In the meantime, we have gray walls, a sage green couch, blue parsons chairs, a dark leather chair, dark wood, a giant BAR that we're housing for my brother and a red/orange/pink/navy persian rug going on. Can you say hot mess?

The entry still needs love as well, but I'm debating wallpaper there.
Sadly, I have very expensive taste in wallpaper. Shocking.

Fun in store for you guys tomorrow so be sure to check in! ox

26 comments:

Unknown said...

The progress looks great! Those dining room chairs are divine!

drew elizabeth said...

OMG I loooove that dining table/chairs! I would def rug too. Saw your bathroom art wall on Vine and now I am inspired!

A Perfect Gray said...

great jamacian art piece and your new dining chairs are...well, awesome.

Mrs. Gumshoe said...

Along with the look of your house, I love the wording in your post: "thems be spensive"

Gurl...you so funny!

Elyse | Peonies and Brass said...

So good! Jealous of the chairs and the bathroom, cuz you know I'm feelin' you on the brass!

My Interior Life said...

You should stop and be proud right now! I wish you lived closer so I could sneak in and steal those chairs. I would totally do it. Cannot wait to see more, lady!

Erin said...

Ummmmm.... CHAIRS.CHAIRS.CHAIRS.

Wow.

Maggie Rose said...

Loving it all so far. I lovvvve picking out fabrics but I also have insanely expensive taste in fabric so usually pick something that looks as expensive as possible without actually costing that much ;) That helps narrow it down. And new plan - you come to Seattle to test out my rug and I'll visit you and spend a weekend in those bad ass dining chairs.

Tobe | BIA said...

@Maggie, I will treat you to a fine dinner in those dining chairs if you want to assist with fabric choices! :)

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

gorgeous!!
absolutely awesome.
i am sure i speak for everyone when i say MORE PLEASE!!
keep going you're doing great!!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Pretty!! I love the green color in that last photo. The brass frames look gorgeous against this color.
Isn’t That Charming.

Kristina said...

Your shelves are so cute! I love all of the blue dishes.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Tobe | BIA said...

thank you guys so much for the kind words!! ox

Jessie Miller said...

Wow! I love so much, but your bath is my fav!

Camila said...

Jaw dropping with those amazing dining room chairs! Stunning! I want an invite to eat a meal with you when it's all done. :)

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

Woohoo!! It's coming together beeyotifully.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

ohhh im so happy to see this stuff! looks GREAT so far!

Anonymous said...

I.AM.DYING! That bathroom is so gorgeous. Teach me your art/mirror hanging ways. I have such a fear of hanging anything so we have like two things on the wall. I can't commit. And I think there should be a class on how to style bookshelves. It's so hard, but yours look amazing!! You are doing a fab job on the house! xo

Tobe | BIA said...

you guys are awesome. dinner party for all when it's done! :)

@Elizabeth, I'll have to do an elaboration post on the wall art configuration. And bookshelf styling is haaaaaaaard. Especially without books! :)

domicile blog said...

BEAUTIFUL, Tobe! All the changes you're doing look amazing. I love the paint colors. Your living room bookcases are divine and the bathroom wall hangings...killing it. Drunk men knocking down pictures? Party house...;)

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I like a rug in the dining room to soften things a bit but it better be awesome or it will be pitiful against those gorgeous chairs.

Obsessed with your bathroom!!

Unknown said...

Oh man, THOSE DINING CHAIRS. I die. So so so good. And all the brass touches, a girl after my own heart!! Loving the bathroom as well, it's all looking rather fabulous! And I'm the same with fabric/wallpaper. Can. not. commit. xxx

Bess said...

Yay! So inspiring. Def worth the wait for the snippets. :)

Meg Biram said...

Eeeeee! Can't wait to see it in person!!!
xo meg

Steph Schofield said...

Wow, the chairs look great in the dining room! I was amazed at the quality of the brass finish, too, with them being 30+ years old... Thank you for giving them a good home!

Jessica said...

SO JELLY of your MB chairs!! It's looking amazing. Can't wait to see the rest of it! I totally understand your frustration how long it takes to put a place together, like why can't I just have tons of money to buy exactly what I want right now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger